Our San Diego, CA based client is looking to hire a ETL Developer, the job description is as follows.
This is 6+ month contract opportunity.
- Responsible for data modelling and design, ETL development and processing, performance tuning, and administration for a Business Intelligence environment.
- Developer will be responsible for end to end design, coding, testing, review and implementation data interfaces into and existing Datawarehouse.
- Additional responsibilities include troubleshooting, maintenance, and optimization or enhancement of existing processes.
- This is a senior level database developer and will be required to lead project teams and estimate scope and cost.
- A substantial amount of business unit interaction will also be required when leading these projects.
- Prepares functional requirements, feasibility studies, program specifications, user test plans, user documentation, and user training plans.
- Assists in the installation and overall testing of bank developed or vendor supplied packages. Identifies areas in bank operations which may be improved or which may offer new opportunities to improve the business.
- Provides formal and informal user training and general user support. Examines and improves business models and data flow processes.
- Designs application and technical solutions to enhance end-user efficiencies and increase productivity in their job functions.
- Acts as a consultant to user management in planning and implementing system and operational changes, and assists in the preparation of business plans.
- Considered highly versatile, and as such, may be called upon to fulfil a variety of functions, which may be deemed necessary by management.
- Performs testing and problem resolution on a 24 hour basis. Regularly provides guidance and training to less experienced staff. Regularly works under deadlines and may be subject to extreme workloads. Possesses a high level of analytical skills as recognized by industry standards, as well as extensive bank operations knowledge.
- PROGRAMMING SqlServer 2008/SqlServer 2005 Stored Procedures/T-SQL/P-SQL ETL/Bulk Load/Data Transformation SSIS/SqlServer Integration Services/Integration Services VLDB/Very Large Database SQL CLR Data Modeling and Design Database Administration Performance Optimization/Performance Tuning/Sql Profiler Indexes/Keys/Foreign Keys/Unique Keys/Clustered Keys Relational Database Data Warehousing/Date Warehouse Design 3rd Normal Form/Third Normal Form/3NF Star Schema/Snowflake Schema Type II Dimension/Type 2 Dimension/SCD/Slowly Changing Dimensions OLTP/OLAP/Cubes Oracle 9i/Oracle 10g/Oracle SSMS/SqlServer Management Studio ANALYSIS Leads the preparation of business plans, prepares functional requirements and conducts feasibility and cost benefit studies.
- Conducts user interviews, contacts vendors, and performs independent research as required. Resolves system, and technical problems, and makes recommendations to improve application functions. Prepares formal proposals for management outlining alternative and recommended system solutions. Defines project scope and objectives.
- Demonstrates an expert level of understanding of the systems development life cycle process. Validates and ensures that functional requirements are met. Conducts formal implementation reviews. Anticipates and circumvents problems where possible.
- COORDINATION Prepares project plans, compiles estimates, and reports status. Coordinates the work being performed by various system and user areas to ensure that project plans and functional requirements are met. Exhibits an expert knowledge of the techniques of problem solving, resolving conflicting priorities, and reporting issues requiring resolution to management.
- TESTING Prepares test plans, documents test cases, reviews results of tests, and identifies further testing required. Exhibits an expert knowledge of testing techniques and the scope needed in a test plan.
- IMPLEMENTATION Assists in technical implementation.
PROGRAMMING Responsible for developing functional and program specifications. Requires understanding program design techniques and functions at a basic level, understands the capabilities of data processing technology.
Familiar with the technical aspects of data warehousing, Business Intelligence, and CRM systems. Windows Server 2003 SSAS/SqlServer Analysis Services ADO.NET/OLEDB TOAD Security Administration Windows AD/Windows Active Directory SAN/NAS/Network Attached Storage/Storage Area Network ANALYSIS Predictive Modeling Financial Analysis Techniques Bank or similar financial experience a plus.
Please contact the recruiter.